EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 24, 2015
Plexus Entertainment, LLC ("Plexus") is committed to protecting your privacy. Plexus operates a website located at www.gowatchit.com as well as device and platform-specific applications ("Apps") and also powers functionality on title-specific microsites and similar assets hosted by us and third-party properties which can be identified by "Powered by GoWatchIt" or other similar branding (collectively, "GoWatchIt"). As used herein, the words "user," "you" and "your" mean users of GoWatchIt and the words "we," "us" and "our" mean Plexus.
Table of Contents
- What Personally Identifiable Information Does Plexus Obtain?
- What Non-Personally Identifiable Information Does Plexus Obtain?
- How Plexus Uses Your Information
- Who Else Might Have Access to Your Information on GoWatchIt
- Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixels and Other Ways We Optimize Your Experience
- Social Media and GoWatchIt
- What Anonymous Aggregated Data Is
- Interest-Based Advertising & Choices
- How and When Plexus May Contact You
- A Special Note About Kids
- How We Protect Your Information
- How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
- Terminating Your Account
- How to Contact Plexus with Questions or Concerns
- Legal Notices
Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify a person (such as name, address, date of birth, mobile phone number or e-mail address). When you create a GoWatchIt Account and/or when you enter or edit your "Basic Information" in the preferences associated with your Account ("Preferences") you give us some or all of your name, date of birth, mobile phone number, e-mail address, and Twitter user name. You have control over the Basic Information you provide to us and may update it at any time. If you create an Account through social media service functionality such as Facebook Connect or subsequently associate your Account with one or more social media accounts, you are authorizing the relevant social media service to share certain information about you with us, most likely including your user ID and/or e-mail address, depending on your account settings with them. You also give us your e-mail address or mobile phone number when you set an alert to receive e-mail or text (including SMS and MMS) Notifications regarding movies or TV shows in which you are interested. Information your device, browser or operating system gives us such as your IP address or device ID may also be considered PII in certain jurisdictions.
Certain information that might be considered non-personally identifiable information (as described below) on its own may be considered PII when associated with information that identifies you as a person. This includes any of the Basic Information in your Preferences, such as your zip code, gender, cable provider and preferred services for viewing or purchasing movies and TV shows. It also includes, but is not limited to, the names of movies and TV shows you add to your personal GoWatchIt user queue ("User Queue") or for which you otherwise set alerts and your ratings of movies and TV shows. We will never share your PII with third-parties without your explicit consent or as otherwise described herein.
We may disclose your information, including PII, to the following third-parties in the following circumstances:
GoWatchIt Partners: We may disclose information about you and your activities collected in conjunction with your use of GoWatchIt to the parties responsible for the deployments of GoWatchIt functionality giving rise to such information (“GoWatchIt Partners”). Please note that the relevant GoWatchIt Partner with respect to GoWatchIt functionality on a particular property may not be the owner or operator of such property but rather may be a studio, distributor or similar entity with rights to a movie or TV show they are promoting on such property using GoWatchIt functionality. Specifically, information we disclose to GoWatchIt Partners may relate to your activities:
- On third-party properties from which aspects of GoWatchIt functionality can be accessed, as identified by “Powered by GoWatchIt” or other similar branding ("Third-Party Sites").
- On webpages at www.gowatchit.com or similar App destinations, Microsites, or Third-Party Sites to which you are directed when you click inbound links deployed by such GoWatchIt Partners.
- From Notifications as well as from ad hoc offers and promotions, in both cases when such communications are sent by us on behalf of our studio, distributor or other partners and are clearly marked as a message from such GoWatchIt Partner ("Direct Messages").
- From Notifications we send to you or from your personal User Queue but only with respect to movies and TV shows that you add to your personal User Queue or for which you otherwise set alerts from Third-Party Sites, inbound links and Direct Messages as described above.
The information, including PII, we may disclose pursuant to the above includes i) information you explicitly provide, such as when you register for an Account from a Third-Party Site or Microsite or you set an alert for a movie or TV show, including by way of providing your e-mail address or mobile phone number and ii) information we can attribute to you when you are identifiable, including when you are logged-in to GoWatchIt or are interacting with Direct Messages or other Notifications.
Social Networking Services: When you opt to use GoWatchIt with social media services, such as Facebook and Twitter, you may instruct us to share information about you and your activities on GoWatchIt with these services and other of their users. For more information about how and under what circumstances we may share your GoWatchIt activity with and via social media services, please click here.
As you interact with GoWatchIt, certain other third-parties may directly receive information about you and your activities. While we make sure these third-parties do not get any of your PII from us without your consent, they may be able to combine information they collect from you regarding your activities on GoWatchIt with other information, including PII, they have with respect to you. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any such third-parties with regard to the information they directly collect from you, and we recommend you read any of these third-party's privacy policies to learn more about their practices. Such third-parties may include:
- Third-Party Sites: As discussed, GoWatchIt functionality may be provided through Third-Party Sites. This includes official movie studio or film distributor assets, TV network or service provider assets, social media, media properties and others including those that contain advertisements incorporating GoWatchIt functionality. These Third-Party Sites may directly monitor your activity on their properties or provide access for others to do so. In addition, we provide the ability for GoWatchIt Partners to include cookies, web beacons and other technologies in their deployments of GoWatchIt on Third-Party Sites, including, but not limited to those owned or operated by them, as well as in title-specific microsites and similar assets hosted by us but configured by them or on their behalf ("Microsites") and accessed by way of inbound links.
- Linked Sites: We may provide outbound links to service affiliates, advertisers or other web destinations ("Linked Sites"). GoWatchIt also provides certain GoWatchIt Partners with inbound links for their use in social media, advertisements, trailers, and other marketing activities which, when clicked, direct you to a specific webpage at www.gowatchit.com or a similar App destination, a Microsite, a Third-Party Site or directly to a service affiliate (the locations where these links are placed are also considered Linked Sites). In order to deliver what you request, Linked Sites will have access to information about you and your activities including, but not limited to, your IP address, device ID and operating system, as well as the referring URL on which the relevant link appeared and the URL to which you are sent, either of which may relate directly to a specific movie or television show. In the case of links to service affiliates, this information will necessarily include the name of the specific movie or TV show in which you are interested. Please be aware that GoWatchIt will not warn you when you click through to another website from GoWatchIt. Please note that any services through which links are facilitated may also have access to similar information as described above. For example, if you see a link that starts with bit.ly, the link has been shortened and is being redirected through a third-party service called bitly.
- Other service providers: GoWatchIt may provide you with direct access to functionality from other third-parties, including: social media services such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+ and others; trailer providers such as YouTube and others; and advertisers and advertising service providers. The placement of social media widgets, trailer players, or advertising units on GoWatchIt may permit these third-parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them. We also utilize Google Analytics for certain reporting data which similarly accesses non-personally identifiable information via these technologies.
Plexus and some of our service providers, advertisers and other third-parties may use a variety of technologies to learn more about how you use the Internet and GoWatchIt, as described below.
- Session cookies help us compile anonymous data about you and your activities on GoWatchIt to help us and third-parties understand activity on GoWatchIt. For example, we may use data from cookies to tell a specific GoWatchIt Partner how many times information about a particular movie was viewed on its site, or how many times users clicked to watch or purchase a movie when such information was viewed. This information can help them better understand their own users' interests and the utility of their service so that they can make improvements for your as well as their benefit.
- Session cookies help us better gauge the relative effectiveness of GoWatchIt Partners' marketing activities, such as those of our studio and distributor partners. For example, we may be able to determine which inbound links to a particular webpage containing GoWatchIt functionality drove subsequent interactions with GoWatchIt functionality such as additions to User Queues / alerts set and clicks on service affiliate links.
- Persistent cookies can help us better understand your viewing interests and preferences to help us pick the right ads, movies or TV shows to display to you on GoWatchIt or elsewhere. Please note that certain Third-Party Sites may require us to block our access to information from persistent cookies.
A Web Beacon, also called a single-pixel (1x1), clear GIF, or pixel tag, is an electronic image embedded in a webpage or HTML-based e-mail. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and the webpage where the beacon is placed. No PII is detected by web beacons, but they can help us track online usage patterns of our users and gauge the effectiveness of our activities anonymously by, among other things, enabling us to see whether particular webpages are viewed or e-mails are opened by recipients. While you may not decline web beacons, you may render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. But, like we said, if you disable the cookies associated with a beacon, some services may not function properly.
Other Technologies. GoWatchIt and its service providers, advertisers, and other third-parties, may use other kinds of local storage, such as “flash cookies”, authentication tokens, and HTML5 local storage. Like cookies, these technologies are stored on your computer, albeit in different parts of your device, and perform similar functions. They can also be used to store certain information about your preferences. Your Internet browser may allow you to disable HTML5 or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage by changing your browser setting. Please note that disabling these technologies may interfere with the performance and features of the GoWatchIt.
As discussed previously, some providers of social media widgets, trailer players or advertising units on GoWatchIt may also place and use session or persistent cookies in your Internet browser and/or contain web beacons or similar technologies. We also enable GoWatchIt Partners to include such functionality in their deployments of GoWatchIt on Third-Party Sites as well as in Microsites. These providers and GoWatchIt Partners may gather browser information including IP address, device ID and operating system, as well as the URLs of the webpages visited or from which trailers are viewed, which may include or enable them to infer the titles of the relevant movies or TV shows, and whether or not, how and where you engage with GoWatchIt functionality. These third-parties may use this information to provide you with relevant advertisements or other content, measure the effectiveness of their activities, or otherwise pursue their own business or service goals. Once a cookie is placed by such third-parties, we may have no access to or control over them. For information about how to manage the manner in which the information collected by cookies, web beacons and pixels can be used by third-parties, please click here.
When you create an Account via Facebook Connect or similar functionality from another social media service or subsequently associate your Account with your Facebook or other social media accounts, you authorize Plexus and the relevant social media service to share certain information about you. For example, in the case of Facebook Connect, we receive your Facebook ID and, depending on your Facebook settings, we may receive your e-mail address and certain other information in your public Facebook profile including your name, zip code and gender as well as the list of all your Facebook friends which we use to show common movies in your public User Queue and Watched List.
Sharing on Social Media
We may organize certain of the information we collect, gather or otherwise receive, excluding certain data elements which can be used to identify individuals, for particular uses. Specifically, we may remove data elements, such as device identifier, e-mail address, or other PII as previously defined, and summarize or aggregate the remaining information in order to analyze web traffic trends, preferences and activity across GoWatchIt ("operational data"). The resulting operational data is no longer considered PII. This operational data may be published or shared by Plexus with various third-parties. If you do not consent to anonymous operational data being shared as described herein, your only remedy is to discontinue using GoWatchIt.
GoWatchIt Partners and Third-Party Sites may partner with various third party ad networks and suppliers ("Ad Suppliers") in order to deliver ads on their behalf across the Internet. These Ad Suppliers may collect, use, and transfer information about your visits to GoWatchIt, as well as from other websites across the Internet, over time to infer your preferences and to deliver ads that are more relevant to your interests on behalf of their partners across the Internet. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising. If you would like to learn more about interest-based advertising, or opt-out of this practice for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), please visit the DAA Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info/choices. Additionally, GoWatchIt adheres to the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles.
We may occasionally contact you directly, including via e-mail. Specifically, we may send you:
- Information about movies and TV shows you have added to your personal User Queue or for which you have otherwise set alerts ("Notifications"). Notifications may include new viewing or purchase availabilities. Notifications may also include promotional material or offers sent on behalf of studios, distributors or similar entities associated with the relevant movies or TV shows.
- Periodic GoWatchIt newsletters, if you are an Account User.
- Ad hoc offers and promotions, including on behalf of our studio, distributor or other partners.
Any Notifications or ad hoc offers and promotions sent on behalf of our studio, distributor or other partners are considered Direct Messages and are clearly marked as messages from such partners. You can opt-out of receiving any e-mail communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any e-mail we send you. If you are an Account User you may also opt-out of or reinstate receipt of any particular form of e-mail communication from us by updating your Preferences. Account Users may also suspend or reinstate e-mail Notifications related to individual movies or TV shows via a toggle next to each title in their User Queues. Please note that we may also private label Notifications for certain GoWatchIt Partners. In such instances, Notifications relating to movies and TV shows added to personal User Queues, or for which alerts are otherwise set from the relevant Third-Party Site, will be stylized and branded for such Third-Party Site or GoWatchIt Partner, as applicable, but will include "Powered by GoWatchIt" attribution.
We may send you Notifications via text message in response to your requests to receive them. You may opt-out of receiving any future text messages from us at any time by texting the keyword STOP to short code 66555.
GoWatchIt.com is a general audience website that is not directed to children. We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Plexus does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. Plexus is not responsible for independently verifying the age of each of its users. Should you, as a user's parent or legal guardian, become aware that a user who is under the age of 13 has provided Plexus with PII, please notify us immediately by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at Plexus Entertainment, ATTN: GoWatchIt Privacy Department, 37 W 17th Street, Suite 3W, New York, NY 10011. Plexus will make reasonable attempts to verify the information provided to us by the parent or guardian is accurate, and if it is determined the user is under the age of 13 the Account will be disabled and any gathered information will be deleted from our records.
Plexus takes reasonable administrative and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your PII from accidental loss or unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. This may include using technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and may include one or more firewalls designed to block access from outside our network. Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers in any country where we do business. Although Plexus strives to protect your PII and privacy, no security method or firewall can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, and we therefore expressly disclaim responsibility and/or liability for the loss, theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that your PII is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail, at the last e-mail address you have provided to us, in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances and as required under law. Delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the GoWatchIt system, as well as at the legitimate request of law enforcement should it be determined that such notification would impede a criminal investigation.
If you are an Account User, you can log-in to your Account at any time to see what personally identifiable information you have provided to us in your Preferences. You may update such information at any time. If you have questions about your information, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at Plexus Entertainment, ATTN: GoWatchIt Privacy Department, 37 W 17th Street, Suite 3W, New York, NY 10011. We will take reasonable efforts to respond in a timely manner.
You may terminate your Account at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with "Cancel Account" in the subject line. Following termination, with the possible exception of requested text Notifications, you will not receive any further communications from us. Please allow 48 hours for termination to take effect. Please also unlink GoWatchIt from your social media accounts. Any user without an Account who has set alerts to receive Notifications for one or more movies or TV shows will be deemed to have deactivated their relationship with us if they have not set any alerts to receive Notifications for a period of twelve months.
It is Plexus policy to retain your PII for one year after your Account has been canceled or deactivated. This enables you to re-activate your account without losing your Preferences and other information relating to movies and TV shows. In accordance with the law, we may retain anonymous data perpetually.
Please note that Accounts remain active unless affirmatively terminated by the user. Continued use of GoWatchIt constitutes permission to continue gathering, aggregating, storing and sharing your PII and other information as described herein.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (i) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, PII for that company's direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a description of the categories of PII disclosed. To obtain such information, please e-mail your request to privacy@gowatchIt.com or mail your request to Plexus Entertainment, ATTN: GoWatchIt Privacy Department, 37 W 17th Street, Suite 3W, New York, NY 10011.
INTERNATIONAL USERS: GoWatchIt is an online video service based in the United States, with our servers and offices headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of GoWatchIt may be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using GoWatchIt, or by providing us with your PII, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and within the Untied States. If we detect IP addresses located in a country outside the United States, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.